2021: Code Green on Dyscalculia. A Guide for Educators, Parents, Counselors, and other Professionals. Price $20.
Code Green on Dyscalculia presents a clear path forward on how to diagnose and support students with dyscalculia. Dr. Van Luit, professor of dyscalculia, wrote the foreword. The book provides detailed information on:
- The Test Battery for a Diagnosis of Dyscalculia
- Dyscalculia Protocol
- Multiple Case Studies
- Screening and a Diagnostic Assessment
- Response To Intervention (RTI)
- School and Parental Support
- The Key Components to Succeed in School and Beyond
- Math Anxiety and Bullying
- Dyscalculia and a High IQ
- Research Studies and “The War on Dyscalculia in the UK”
- Singapore Math Curriculum
‘Dyscalculia demystified. This book shares great insights into the diagnosis and interventions for individuals with dyscalculia, warmly recommended to parents and professionals.’
__Dr. Milikowski, dyscalculia expert
Code Green on Dyscalculia is a highly informative book for parents, teachers, and other professionals about what dyscalculia means for an individual, and how to recognize, assess, diagnose and treat this disorder. The timing for this valuable resource is perfect.
__Dr. Van Luit, Professor of Dyscalculia, Utrecht University, author of “This is Dyscalculia.”
2017: The Math Handbook for students with Math Difficulties, Dyscalculia, Dyslexia or ADHD. Published by Universal-Publishers. Price $35.
#1 Best Seller on Amazon in Children’s books on Maths (2021).
The Math Handbook has been developed for students with dyscalculia and others who are struggling with mathematics. The book is based upon the Singapore Primary Mathematics curriculum, as well as the International Math curriculum. More than twenty topics are covered and explained step by step through visual representation to convey mathematical concepts. It has been specially developed for:
- Students who have been diagnosed with dyscalculia; other terms may include Mathematics Learning Disability, or Mathematics Disorder
- Students who have been diagnosed with dyslexia; as according to research more than fifty percent of those experience difficulties with mathematics. Some students may have dyslexia and dyscalculia as co-existing disorders
- Students diagnosed with ADHD; as they may struggle with mathematics. Some students may have ADHD and dyscalculia as co-existing disorders.
- Students who have difficulties in learning mathematics
- Slow learners
- Teens/Adults who have severe math difficulties or dyscalculia
Students will gain more confidence in mathematics, become more independent and produce better results. This book will provide them with an opportunity to experience success and maintain a positive attitude towards math. It is suitable to be used in combination with Educational Therapy or remedial intervention in math that students with dyscalculia or math difficulties need.
2014: Dyscalculia and Math Difficulties in Singapore. Price $10.
Introduction by Dr van Luit (professor of dyscalculia), Utrecht University, the Netherlands
Chapter 1: What is Dyscalculia? Definitions and prevalence. Dyscalculia and (severe) math difficulties: a continuum. Case studies. Math Anxiety. Assessment and diagnosis of Dyscalculia
Chapter 2: Support Network. Differences between Educational Therapy and tuition.
Chapter 3: Early numeracy, Assessment & Interventions. Dyscalculia research and updates.
2013: The Math Reference Book. Price $15.
The Maths Reference Book is suitable for all students who have difficulties in learning mathematics. The book may be used in combination with Educational Therapy for math. It contains most topics of the math curriculum used in Primary schools. More than twenty topics are included and examples can be followed in small structured steps and through visual representations that convey math concepts.
Educational YouTube videos created by me:
The Math Handbook
Overview: Resources and Tips for Teachers and Parents
Helmy Faber is a Registered Educational Psychologist with the SPS and the only Postgraduate Certified Dyscalculia Diagnostician in Singapore. She is the author of several educational books, including The Math Handbook (2017) and Code Green on Dyscalculia (2021). She has over twenty years of experience working with students who have learning and/or developmental disorders in local and international schools, including dyslexia, dyscalculia, ADHD, and ASD.
If you like to make inquiries or make an appointment, please contact me at: